School Based Assessment (SBA) policy has announced for the examination of 2022. The PEC (Punjab Examination Commission) has issued the new policy of conducting school based exams. The PEC has clear cut announced the exams policies for all public and private schools in Punjab.
PEC introduced the SNC (Single Nation Curriculum) syllabus in all schools. They are working hard to implement this syllabus in all schools. A meeting was called on October 1 and it decided that the exams from 1st to 8th grade will be held in the school itself. According SBA all in objective type.
The Teacher responsibilities for School Based Assessment
The papers of students from grade one to grade eight will held in the school. The PEC has announced the direction of School Based Assessment. The all papers will conduct objective type. The teachers should prepare the children according to this policy. If teachers prepare It will not be difficult for children in SBA 2022.
The Criteria of SBA (School Based Assessment)
- Whole syllabus of grade 1 to 8 according to School based assessment 2022.
- The exams SBA 2022 will be announced primary schools grade 1 to 5 syllabus according to SNC.
- SBA of elementary schools grade 6-8 will be from Textbook curriculum 2006.
- Grade 1 & 2 Assessments may be oral. It will consist of objective questions (MCQs, fill in the blanks, true/false, Short Questions and CRQs (Constructed Response Questions)).
- The assessment for Grade 3-8 will be conducted in written. It will consist of MCQs, short questions and CRQs.
- The content weightage of grade 3-8 will be equal for MCQs and CRQs.
- 50 marks from assessment of Nazra Quran. Total marks of Islamiat for the Muslims =100 marks.
- Ethics/religious education 100 marks for non-Muslims
- PEC(Punjab examination commission) will provide the item bank of grade 1-8 for core subjects.
- Item bank grade 1-8 of subjects of Urdu, English, Computer Science, Mathematics, Gk, Science, Islamiat / Ethics, Social Studies / Geography and Computer Education.
- The school teachers must follow and prepare the elective subjects from the given pattern.